Reporting to the National Group Vice President of HCA’s Physician Services Group (PSG), the CEO provides the necessary vision and direction to the MSO (Management Services Organization) to accomplish it’s primary objectives as an administrative managed healthcare entity, by performing the following duties or through subordinate managers.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Contributes to the strategic direction and vision of the organization.
- Plans, coordinates, and controls the daily operation of the organization through the organization’s managers.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Medical Directors and other members of the clinical governance team.
- Provides leadership and direction to members of all of the organization’s departments as required.
- Establishes current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies, subject to approval by PSG leadership.
- Continuously assesses the needs of the leaders of client IPA organizations and provides corresponding leadership to help them achieve their organizational goals.
- Dispense advice, guidance, direction and authorization to carry out major plans, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies and organizational strategies.
- Makes presentations as part of the sales, marketing and customer service functions of the MSO
- Oversees the adequacy and soundness of the organization’s financial structure.
- Works with the Executive Team team to identify delivery system requirements, develops action plans to enhance the system and ensures access and appropriate care levels for all products in all geographic areas.
- Provides ongoing organizational leadership to ensure that the operations remain state-of-the-art and the Directors are fully aware of the business and industry imperatives impacting the MSO.
- Provides business development initiative; provides analytical support and meaningful insights, as requisite.
- Reviews operating results of the MSO, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Ensures compliance of managed care operations with all laws, regulations, rulings, ordinances and appropriate accreditation requirements as well as health plan policies where necessary.
- Provides leadership to staff responsible for implementation of operations; works closely with staff to enhance operating policies and procedures and reinforces the direction, priorities and results desired.
- Initiates the ongoing selection of new systems and best operating practices that further business interests.
- Evaluates management and operational reports, establishes reporting formats that successfully represent MSO and client IPAs productively and profitability.
- Presents and interprets periodic reports to PSG, Far West Division, and other HCA stakeholders on matters such as a) productivity and profitability; b) significant operational developments and concerns; c) strategies and tactics for affecting operational changes, and (d) other matters that require corporate approval or direction.
- Present and interpret periodic reports on matters of membership, productivity, profitability, market opportunities, credentialing, utilization review, and other topics as they may arise and be pertinent to the boards of client IPAs.
- Oversee the interface and maintain strong working relationships between client IPAs and health plans, risk carriers, bankers, accountants and others who provide support services to client IPAs and their subordinate businesses.
- Other duties, as appropriate to support the growth and successful performance of the MSO.