Providence is calling an Applications Analyst 2 to Providence Health & Services in Mission Hills, CA.
The Applications Analyst 2 exercises full use and application of standard principles, theories, and concepts related to technical discipline and provides solutions to a variety of moderately complex problems. They also manage small projects, establish and implement new or revised systems requirements or procedures. They will analyze user requirements, develop and implements systems for moderately complex processes; and initiate corrective action to stay on schedule.
In this position you will:
- Work collaboratively with clients to determine information and data requirements. Evaluate and report on a variety of topics, sometimes complex in nature.
- Provide guidance to customers on the way to maximize return on investment for their applications. Educate clients and create related documentation as necessary.
- Work with internal teams to develop business decisions. Use professional knowledge and independent judgment in making decisions or recommending a course of action.
- Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relationships in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers, and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
- Mentor lower-level professionals in use of tools, techniques, and analysis skills.
- Gather requirements for assessment, rationalization and sunset activities. This includes, but is not limited to business, technical and functional requirements.
- Perform rotational on-call responsibilities.
- Support the GE IDX Managed Care system (managed care module under GE IDX). Setting up dictionaries, benefit plans, rule banks (rule we set up in system to auto approve services/referrals/claims/etc. based on criteria), UM (utilization management) – main clients, enrollment eligibility dept. – main customers.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- Four (4) years functional experience.
- Competent in supporting the technical, operational and application needs of moderately complex applications or subcomponents of a highly complex application.
- Skilled in information collection and troubleshooting root cause of application failures
- Knowledgeable of application architecture.
- Knowledgeable of database configurations, queries and elements.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years experience in a healthcare setting.
- GE/Centricity knowledge.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 147948