| With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, DC area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians.|
The Director of Patient Service Excellence at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital will oversee the daily operations of Guest Services, Volunteer Services and Patient Advocacy, ensuring the delivery of the highest level of world-class services to our customers. The Director will have overall responsibility and accountability for the management and direction of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the Patient Advocacy, Volunteer Services and Guest Services divisions. They will have organization-wide responsibilities and are expected to appraise, forecast and determine a desired set of future conditions and strategies required to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- BA/BS degree in healthcare-related field/marketing/business, administration or a related field.
- MA/MS/MBA degree highly preferred.
- Seven to ten years of management/leadership experience inclusive of at least 5 years of academic medical center experience in customer service-related field.
- Strong analytical/statistical background.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Customer service training.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to read and write English fluently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a potentially stressful environment, organize work and be self-directed.
- Ability to facilitate positive outcomes in all scenarios.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Office Suite, RLS, Tableau, NRC Picker, the Internet and hospital-based computer systems (Invision, Centricity and Amalga).
- Customer-focused, a "people" person, a motivator, detail-oriented and have excellent project management skills.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/131604/
Equal opportunity employer.