The incumbent shall be responsible for the completion of the entire admission process including the development and maintenance of customer relations with internal referral sources. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, and problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
1. Participate in continuing education/ professional development activities.
2. Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
3. Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital and RehabCare Group.
4. Complete the pre-admission screening on request from referral source.
5. Complete verification of admission pre-certification and insurance benefits if patient is to be admitted.
6. Coordinate bed availability with nurse manager.
7. Develop network with case managers for referrals and as a resource to aid in discharge planning.
8. Develop positive relationships and establish open communication with referral sources including internal/external hospital case managers, social workers, nursing staff, physicians, and third party payors.
9. Conduct unit tours for patients and families.
10. Participate in team business and referral development committee meetings.
11. Function as a resource for and provide team members with inservice/cross-training on admissions knowledge and skill areas.
12. Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of unit clinical/administrative functions.
13. Participate in survey preparation activities.
14. Interact with assigned program consultant.
15. Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
The incumbent shall, at a minimum, be a graduate of a bachelors degree program with a healthcare related area of concentration or be a licensed health care provider. Experience in a healthcare related area is preferred. Work experience with an adult geriatric disabled population is desirable.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .
Job : Admissions Primary Location : IL-Chicago-Kindred Hosp - Chicago North Campus Organization : 4637 - Kindred Hosp - Chicago North Campus
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.