* Coordinates, prepares and updates health promotion (management, community, food system, wellness, and blended clinical) rotations and classroom instruction to conform to Standards of Education from ACEND.
* Utilizes available resources to plan rotations and classroom instruction.
* Assists Program Director with evaluating outcomes and recommends appropriate alterations in curriculum considering:
o Available resources
o Input from interns, preceptors, colleagues and director when making changes
o Advice from others outside the program (colleagues, business/industry contacts)
o Outcomes data regarding program effectiveness, surveys of graduates and graduate employers
o Program goals and objectives
o Identified areas for program improvement
* Assists with student recruitment, selection and orientation in the following:
o Development, preparation and distribution of program recruitment brochure
o Meeting with prospective applicants in group settings to positively promote the program, relay information, answer questions
o Participate in intern selection process according to established procedures
o Participate in orientation for new interns
o Assist graduates with job placement especially in areas of health promotion (management, community, food system) based positions
* Evaluates performance of interns and maintains student files
SS Update online learning platform (SPARK) annually and as needed to coincide with health promotion rotations
SS Maintain summative evaluation form for health promotion rotations, conduct mid-year and final evaluation appraisals for assigned rotations
o Listen to and provide appropriate feedback to interns and preceptors for health promotion focused rotations
o Enforces policies and procedures in conjunction with Program Director
* Teaches classes and provides individual instruction in areas of expertise - especially community nutrition, management, food systems and wellness
o Utilizes behavioral based objectives and outcome measures
o Uses effective instructional design methods and education aids to facilitate different learning styles
o Determines goals for target audience
o Identifies obstacles/barriers to intern learning
o Evaluates program outcomes
* Assists Program Director with regulatory requirements to maintain programmatic and institutional accreditation
o Participates when requested in preparation of reports
o Actively participates in accreditation site visits for program
* Pursues professional development to maintain competency
o Maintains credentials
o Demonstrates expertise necessary to function as a role model to interns and staff
o Participates in processes supportive of the organization and departmental goals
o Integrates evidence-based research into practice, as appropriate
* Maintain collaborative relationships with preceptors in core rotations and health promotion entry level practice rotations
* Coordinates social media outlets for use in marketing; maintains analytics on participation
* Coordinates health-wellness coaching network training for interns
* Maintains open lines of communication with Program Director
* Additional pertinent skills:
o Ability to foster collaborative relationships with interns, staff and alumni
o Excellent written and oral communication skills
o Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
o Detail oriented
o Knowledge of REDCap, Canva, Piktochart and Publisher
o Strong Microsoft office suite skills
o Time management
o Self motivated
o Ability to work well independently and within established time constraints to meet all deadlines
* PROGRAM MANAGEMENT: Planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives
* PEER LEADERSHIP: Ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals
* FINANCIAL PROCESSES: Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to mange those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts
* QUALITY MANAGEMENT: Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements
* NETWORKING: Build relationships through industry contracts, professional organizations and individuals
* PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality
* MENTORING AND COACHING: The essence of training and mentoring on the job is transfer of knowledge. Whereas training can be considered more formal and scheduled, mentoring is often in the form of guidance and hands-on experiences. The reporting relationship is unimportant since the purpose is to pass on information and experiences. These discussions normally center around a person's goal of learning job procedures, content, standards, analysis and problem solving.
* Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams
* Problem Solving/Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution
* Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas
* Team Interaction: Acts as a go to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams
* SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES:
o Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas
o Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships
o Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
* DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
o Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them
o Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
o Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
* ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
o Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly
o Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them
o Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
* MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
o Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
o Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of departmental work to effectively manages resources for a department/area
o Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of information or data to identify and elevate opportunities
* FOSTERING INNOVATION:
o Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
o Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
o Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00; flexibility to work additional hours is a must.
The Dietetic Internship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a post-baccalaureate supervised practice program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). Interns receive more than 1200 hours of supervised practice in clinical nutrition, food systems management and community nutrition with a concentration in disease management health promotion. Sixteen interns are selected for the 10 month, 44 week program, which typically runs from August to June of each year.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.