Great options and great opportunities. At Banner we are tapestry of cultures , and experiences . A workforce that is honored to serve , and support the community.
The Sr. Director IT Population Health & Research Data Services will help drive a consolidated solutions approach for our Banner Population Health and Informatics Teams, Banner Research and Data Scientists. You will also focus efforts on building the proper cloud resources and a dedicated Research data-warehouse with the appropriate user toolsets. This will foster relationships across Banner and give us the ability to provide a standardized research platform, apply for large grants/studies, house researchers/GME students and accommodate our diversified academic research needs for Clinical & Informatics, Residents and Fellows.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for driving the Company's and Banner Health Network's (BHN) population health management strategy, with focus on quality of outcomes and health management services for members and their dependents. Promotes a collaborative, open, and inclusive work environment within a highly-matrixed organization. This position serves as the primary advisor to the organization's senior management on matters related to the health management strategic direction and associated programs and services. Monitors and oversees compliance of customer service, stakeholder relations, workforce, and financial goals and objectives as developed by the Board of Directors and senior executive management. This position is responsible for serving as a role model to staff across the system and representing Banner in a positive manner both within and outside the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives for system-wide population health management programs. Provides leadership and expertise in the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of the system's core population health management programs and practices. Incorporates best practices and responds to emerging trends to enhance operations, programs, and/or services. Implements and evaluates strategic programs, develops effective tools to measure performance, analyzes related data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to senior leadership based on findings.
2. Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of staff and managers. Holds staff accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with staff to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting health management programs and services. Supports development and continued professional growth to meet company and individual goals for long-term success. Demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders.
3. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems related to health management programs. This includes partnering with appropriate parties, including third party payors, to ensure highly effective and efficient care delivery that reduces cost, improves quality of outcomes and delivers an excellent member experience.
4. Directs and participates in the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies, procedures, and practices. Develops and supports internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, and compliance with current laws and regulations is achieved.
5. Develops and oversees the department budget to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets annual budgetary goals. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into assumptions for annual operating and/or capital budgets. Negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and/or services and monitors/evaluates quality and/or performance. Manages and reports department expenditures.
6. Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
7. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
8. Participates as a subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, teams, and/or councils to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and/or activities for the organization. May serve as a staff resource to the organization's Governing Board and/or applicable committees.
9. This position has direct leadership accountability for population health management and well-being strategies and programs for the company and BHN. This position requires the skill to negotiate and influence. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, third party payors, regulatory agencies, and the community.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience. Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Driver's License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12157
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.