Registered Nurse Clinical Research Coordinator 1 Translational Research Institute AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 301 East Princeton Street Orlando, FL 32804
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time; 6:45am- 7:15pm M-F (Schedule will vary based on study)
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Clinical Research Coordinator I (RN) is involved in all aspects of research conducted including patient screening, assessing eligibility, and coordinating the care and follow-up of volunteers placed on research studies, trials, and programs. Specific activities to include: Research participant recruitment and consenting for the therapeutic areas they serve, provision of concierge level service for all patient facing interactions during the course of clinical trials and research studies, and the coordination of biospecimen collection (i.e. blood, tissue) through collaborative interaction with Clinical Research nursing staff, laboratory teams, hospital departments to ensure ongoing regulatory and protocol compliance.
Through collaboration with research assistants and/or clinical coordinators, ensures compliant data entry/data mining into registries, patient records, and research specific database systems. Assists Principal Investigators and research staff in the development of compliant research protocols and other control documents. Serves as the study-specific clinical point of contact for participants, investigators, research staff, hospital departments and external research partners. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Execute and coordinate the informed consent process for AdventHealth Research Institute participants in clinical trials and research studies across multiple locations. This may require travel between sites and research laboratories, and/or the use of technology.
· Delivers safe care and demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all participants. Maintains adequate skills in clinical competencies including but not limited to physical assessment, phlebotomy and IV insertion. Practices the principles of Universal Precautions. Understands and abides by HIPAA regulations.
· Maintains a clean, prepared clinical space. May perform set-up and turnover procedures in all clinical areas, per SOP’s, in a timely manner.
· Participates in internal and/or external training programs to maintain licensure.
· Responsible for all aspects of research conducted including patient screening, assessing (clinical) eligibility, and coordinating the care and follow-up of volunteers placed on research studies, trials, and programs.
· Coordinate research participant recruitment and consenting for the therapeutic areas they serve
· Provision of concierge level service for all patient facing interactions during the course of clinical trials and research studies
· Coordinate or perform biospecimen collection (i.e. blood, tissue) and maintain HIPAA protected database connecting patient information to biospecimens used in research; perform patient chart review and data collection.
· Collaborative interaction with Clinical Research nursing staff, Research Services, laboratory teams, hospital departments, and physician offices, to ensure ongoing regulatory and protocol compliance.
· Through collaboration with assistant clinical coordinators, ensures compliant data entry/data mining into registries, patient records, and research specific database systems.
· Assists Principal Investigators and research staff in the development of compliant research protocols and other control documents.
· Serves as the study-specific clinical point of contact for participants, investigators, research staff, hospital departments and external research partners.
· Collaborate with clinical research supervisors and staff to implement standard operating procedures (SOP) for the Institutes research division intended to meet standards. Ensures all patient-facing activities are compliant with clinical research standards and AHRI procedures.
· Maintain sensitivity to cost containment measures by conserving hospital supplies, equipment, and human resources while overseeing proposed project budgets from internal and external funding sources.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to perform clinical tasks including assisting physician, ARNP and CRN with minor procedures and other study requirements within scope of practice.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced clinical or research environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously, effectively, and in an organized and timely manner
· Ability to acclimate and integrate into various clinical settings as needed per protocol
· Demonstrated skills in clinical competencies including physical assessment, phlebotomy, IV insertion and administration of investigational drugs in accordance with AdventHealth Policies and Procedures.
· Knowledge of HIPAA data protection and patient advocacy or similar awareness of ethical treatment of participants in research
· Ability to communicate effectively with research participants, investigators, research staff and external partners.
· Ability to apply analytical approach to problem solving, obtain and analyze facts, and apply sound judgement.
· Ability to accept direction and respond to the changing needs of clinical research units
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet knowledge and skill
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Specialized knowledge of the unique needs of patients in the assigned therapeutic areas undergoing treatment
· Specialized knowledge of assigned therapeutic areas as it relates to research and clinical trials.
· One to two years skill in human life sciences/biomedical research; physiological, cellular, biochemical, or molecular biology
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate degree in Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current, active State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) (per the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA))
· Other certification as applicable to clinical degree or program (i.e. medical assistant, medical technician, phlebotomy)
Internal Number: 20030726
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.