Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides business administrative support to assigned administrators, including executive directors with system-wide responsibilities, in overall planning, development and administration of services(s). Assists in ensuring quality and cost effective patient care services by assisting in the standardization of processes and procedures and evaluation of process improvement initiatives. May create and analyze various statistical reports and/or develop and monitor budgets for assigned areas. Assists with the marketing and communication of services; analyzes operational functions by tracking appropriate information and ensuring maximum utilization.
It is recognized that specific tasks may vary widely in type and frequency within functional areas or across services based on the nature of the customer/stakeholder population being served. Therefore, a functional area or service may appropriately add to or delete from individual duties in the standardized Operations Support Specialist job summary and develop a more detailed and department-specific position description. Position descriptions are created and maintained by the department
1. Bachelors degree Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field. Coursework towards Masters degree in Hospital Administration or Business Administration is desirable.
2. years progressively more responsible related experience in health care administrative setting.
3. Program/project management experience within a healthcare environment preferred.
1. Analytical ability required to collect, analyze and interpret complex financial reports, studies and processes and to present findings to management.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with various levels of health care personnel on a daily basis. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in specific functional area is necessary.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Ability to perform varied mathematical computations and to see relationships between data and to draw valid conclusions. Technical understanding of various computer software packages, such as spreadsheets, word processing, statistical analysis, database management, work flow and graphics programs.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105000853
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.