Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner Health is currently seeking an IT Systems Engineer Consultant responsible for supporting the Banner Health Configuration Management Database (CMDB), related Configuration Management processes as well as partnering with the Asset Management team for cross training and support. This position will also have the opportunity to develop service mapping within the CMDB, a critical IT initiative that will increase the visibility of how our systems are integrated for better visibility and uptime for our patients . This position is an expert that demonstrates a high degree of technical knowledge for infrastructure and communications processes.
The typical schedule for this role is Monday-Friday 8a-5p with limited schedule flexibility. The primary location for this role will be remote with the occasional onsite requirements.. An ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor's Degree with 4-6+ years of related experience, past experience/interest with CMDB administration, discovery tools, configuration management experience, multitasking abilities, strong communications skills and experience with teaching/training others. Preferred - experience with ServiceNow.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is an expert that demonstrates technical knowledge of infrastructure and communications processes and supports system defined objectives relative to the company's business and healthcare requirements. Interacts as part of a team, leading small sized projects and is able to plan, design, implement and support all company Information Technology infrastructure, networks, hardware and applications.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides proficient technical support to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot technical systems that are associated with providing critical patient care.
2. Plans, prioritizes and coordinates scheduled projects that require interaction between various customer and department and hardware/software vendors. Develops well defined project plans, work schedules and critical timelines.
3. Works effectively as a team leader or a participating member of the department or project teams. Promotes teamwork by involving others and encourages them to contribute their strengths to the team.
4. Compiles professional, well thought out designs to complex technical processes for presentation to senior members of the team.
5. Interacts with the customer, from a variety of departments, to research and develop solutions to support issues resulting in a positive experience for the customer.
6. Participates in feasibility studies, RFI development and capital budget planning. Position provides technical information regarding current and future industry concepts, hardware, and software.
7. This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess a strong knowledge of technology as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
Certain assignments require certification or credentialing in designated area.
Must also have 4-6 years experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.