You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Join our Employee Relations team! The Employee Relations Department offers the unique opportunity to support our leaders and employees in all areas of the Banner Health system. You will be part of a diverse and dynamic team, who meet regularly to share updates and best practices.
As an Employee Relations Consultant, you will have your own independent work where your perspective is valued. You will have the opportunity to draw daily from your expertise, as you consult leaders on all aspects of Employee Relations. Every day, you will make Banner a better place to work and a better place to receive excellent patient care!
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is a system focal point for implementing and managing employee relations programs and initiatives. Investigates and resolves employee relations concerns impacting the work environment. Role provides multiple facility managers and Human Resources Consultants with counsel and support in employee relations investigations to include compliance with equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, training and development, and compliance with State and the Joint Commission human resources standards.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assesses situations and environments affecting employee relations, and provides leaders with advice and recommended courses of action based on operating guidelines, policies and applicable federal and state laws.
2. Reviews and analyzes facility employee and operational statistics on HR compliance related concerns, complaint investigations, external charges, comply line trends, turnover, and employee engagement to identify trends, activities, and potential issues within each department.
3. Provides timely assistance in addressing manager/employee requests or complaints, and keeps involved parties informed about status. Role requires recording and trending of data to aid in formulating conclusions.
4. Maintains required documentation within case management system; including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports. Inputs all complaints and investigation resolution into assigned spreadsheet.
5. Acts as a resource to staff and leaders in the area of employment practices related to Human Resources regulations such as EEO, Affirmative Action, ADA, etc.
6. Develops training for leaders, Human Resources staff and employees to ensure consistency and compliance within regulatory requirements and related policies and procedures. Partners with other system functions for consistent delivery of training.
7. Stays abreast of activities in other areas of Human Resources and positively and reliably represents all of HR to facility staff and managers. Appropriately conveys concerns and issues to stakeholders.
8. Collaborates with all HR teams to enhance and facilitate performance improvement, maintain effective communication between all areas of HR and entity operations and to develop and implement system, region, entity and department level goals and objectives.
9. Interacts with all levels of management and employees, often relaying highly sensitive messages, coaching and counseling managers in appropriate application of programs and policies, and dealing with highly complex, and sometimes emotional situations.
Proficiency level typically gained through a combination of a four year degree in Human Resources, Management, Business, or related field along with several years of increasingly responsible work experience in HR.
Requires three to five years as Human Resources generalist with experience in employment law, conflict resolution, employee relations, and general Human Resources management. Needs basic familiarity with principles of compensation, recruiting, and organizational development. Needs effective interviewing skills, with attention to detail, accuracy, deadlines, and confidentiality. Able to communicate effectively and with sensitivity about employee issues. Requires proven ability to analyze complex situations considering multiple factors. Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations, perform research and accurately document findings to support the company's position is required. An ability to communicate effectively formally and informally in small and large groups, including making executive level presentations; understanding of organization and facility operations; highly developed business case development and project management skills. PC skills including working knowledge of the Microsoft environment and the ability to access, manipulate, organize and relay information in a meaningful way. Demonstrated ability to deal with personal and highly confidential information in a professional manner. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Professional in Human Resources or Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR) designation preferred. Past experience in health care environment highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.