MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Clinical Pharmacist â��Emergency Medicine
1. Support pharmacy services in the Emergency Department (ED) and assist with day to day inpatient pharmacy responsibilities.
2. Verify medication orders, assuring that drug therapy and dosing is safe and appropriate for patient diagnosis, age, weight and clinical profile.
3. Support pharmacy department clinical functions.
4. Participate in ongoing pharmacy performance improvement initiatives. Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote effective, appropriate and safe drug use.
5. Promote safe use of medications and monitor by documenting clinical interventions per hospital policy.
6. Participate in transitions of care including the medication reconciliation process and discharge medication counseling.
7. Provide medication management support to aid in patient transitions from the ED to the inpatient units.
8. Facilitate medication procurement and preparation in the ED.
9. Provide drug information and educational support for ED and pharmacy staff.
10. Assist in antimicrobial stewardship initiatives to provide appropriate therapies.
11. Supervise pharmacy students.
12. This position is primarily based in the Emergency Department and will support other areas of the hospital as needed.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with PharmD or BS in Pharmacy
2. Licensed Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
3. Residency training or 3 years of clinical experience
4. Strong organizational, clinical, and communication skills, with attention to details
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.