OSP Support Specialist FT Days- AdventHealth Orlando
Location: 800 N MAGNOLIA AVE, Orlando, 32803
Work/Hours: FT, Days
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
Our Newest Cardiac unit: Cardiothoracic PCU unit is a 36-bed unit with a patient ratio of 1:3. This unit will care for patients with Cardiac or Thoracic needs, surgical related, and or overflow from any of our Cardiology sister units. You will get to learn side by side with our already established caring specialized trained Cardiology units.
Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Training opportunities for experienced Registered Nurses that are either looking to grow into a higher acuity level or working outside of the hospital setting that are interested in transitioning to acute care such as our Cardiothoracic PCU unit.
The Sponsored Programs Support Specialist in the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) performs a wide variety of duties to support the overall OSP operations from facilitating signature requests for required contractual documents to assisting in the facilitation of communications from both internal and external parties. The OSP Support Specialist serves as the initial point of contact for the OSP by answering the phones and responding to and managing the general OSP inboxes. The OSP Support Specialist provides administrative support to the OSP Director, Managers and staff of the grants, contracts, budget and clinical trial management system teams.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists OSP director, managers and team members daily.
· Manges the flow of daily communications to the general office email box. Appropriately flags and archives of communications for ease of appropriate response and review.
· Works directly with Manager, Sponsored Programs Agreements & Contracts and the Manager, Sponsored Programs, Budget & Clinical Trial applications to perform tasks associated with finalizing and clearing clinical trial.
· Assists the OSP grant team in collecting documentation need for grant proposal packages.
· Assists with the preparation, development and updating of department forms and checklists consistent with good business practice.
Assists with the preparation of OSP related metrics and reporting.
· Assists with OSP scheduled meetings, educational conferences, and other classes and training events including planning, organizing, scheduling, and delegating as necessary.
· General office duties to include: Answering telephone and responding to general inquiries.
· Willingly adjusts and adapts to changes in workload in a positive manner by altering working hours, and assisting in other areas as approved and observed by supervisor
· Manages and/or assists with special OSP projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Strong customer service skills; well organized and communicates well; customer oriented; works independently or in teams, as situation requires.
· Problem-solving skills
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information, including employees, other research team members, patients, research subjects, and institution AdventHealth information.
· Effective time management skills, capable of handling several tasks/projects at a time and prioritizing responsibilities.
· Able to work under deadline pressures.
· Proficient in MS Office applications and Adobe.
· Team player demonstrating a collaborative and cooperative spirit and a positive attitude.
· Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
· Self-motivated; quick thinker
· High level of attention to detail
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of research administration business practices.
· Knowledge of electronic management systems for research studies, including IRB Net, Clinical Conductor and Florence eRegulatory applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate degree and three (3) years of administrative support experience in a healthcare or research administration setting; OR
· Equivalent work consisting of at least three (3) years administrative support experience AND two (2) years of experience in healthcare, clinical research, research administration or scientific setting or related field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business, finance, accounting, or research-related field
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.