This is a Continuous Service Readiness (CSR) Consultant position. We are seeking candidates located in Texas and will be expected to travel to Lousinana and other nearby states to provide on-site consultation, education, and technical assistance to hospitals and health care systems to assist in improving patient care, quality, and safety. Collaborates with Joint Commission Resources Central Office staff (based in Oak Brook, IL) and colleagues to generate leads, develop proposals, and pursue to close the sale of consultations and other Joint Commission Resources and/or Joint Commission International services. Maintains active/current knowledge of Joint Commission Standards and survey process, as well as health care- and discipline-specific trends and content, established solutions for the improvement of patient care. Serves as Joint Commission Resources subject matter expert for specific methodologies and product lines. Creatively approaches client organizations with solutions to improve the delivery of patient care and operations.
Comprehensive knowledge of Joint Commission Standards and survey process required. Ten or more years of experience in health care, with seven to ten years of progressively more responsible experience in senior health care management or quality/performance improvement. Maintains current and relevant knowledge of health care issues and strategies. Experience in a health care consulting role is highly desirable. Preferred candidates have performance improvement experience in settings over 250 beds and/or those with strong standards knowledge in applicable Joint Commission program. Excellent communication skills as exhibited through professional involvement in leadership roles, teaching, consulting, or relevant publications. Written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively present information and ideas in proposals, reports, and presentations. 100% travel required.
1. Graduated from an approved school of nursing and have a Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline
2.Extensive knowledge of and experience in health care operations, clinical practice, use of performance improvement methods to assess organizational performance, and current research and trends relative to health care practices.
3. Ten or more years of recent experience in health care, with seven to ten years of progressively more responsible experience in senior healthcare management or demonstrated consulting expertise.
4. Experience in an accredited health care organization is required.
5. Maintenance of active/current knowledge of state, federal, and or international health care- and discipline-specific trends and content, established solutions for the improvement of patient care, and all relevant Joint Commission Resources and/or Joint Commission International subject matter, methodologies, and product lines.
6. Demonstrated expertise in the consulting competency framework (Professional/Technical Competence, Consulting Method/Service Provision, Consultative Approach, Management, Effective Communication, Self-Management/Ethical Practice, Business Development, and Professional Development/Continuing Competence) and the knowledge, skills, abilities represented therein.
7. The written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively deliver information and ideas in proposals, position papers, and presentations.
8. Comprehensive, knowledge of and ability to operationalize CMS guidance and conditions of participation (where appropriate) and Joint Commission Resources and/or Joint Commission International policies, procedures, applications, standards, survey processes, and methodologies (e.g., Tracer, Sustainable Improvement, Performance Improvement, Robust Process Improvement, Root Cause Analyses, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) required.
9. A keen business acumen and ability to effectively influence and collaborate with stakeholders of all levels (frontline to C-Suite) within client organizations.
10. Ability to continually improve oneself through professional development and other identified opportunities for growth.
11. Willingness and ability to travel on a continual basis and to adapt to varying situations.
12. Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software required. Ability to use the internet and web-based tools and resources such as Client Relationship Management and Consultant Knowledge Center required.
13. Ability to lift 25 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, and work in settings in which infectious diseases are present.
14. This position requires 100% domestic travel with regular travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic and/or Southern Region and neighboring areas.
The mission of The Joint Commission is to continuously improve health care for the public, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value. Its vision is that all people always experience the safest, highest quality, best-value health care across all settings.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.