**$5,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Summary / Description
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs the duties of a Medical Assistant and Patient Services Assistant for assigned area. Greets visitors, registers patients, contacts various insurance providers and schedules patients according to established guidelines. Assist physician or physician extender with patient examination by preparing exam room, taking vital signs, assisting during exam, etc.
1. Greets visitors, answers telephones and directs calls and visitors to appropriate place or person.
2. Registers patients for outpatient services. Obtains necessary demographic, insurance and related data according to policies and procedures.
3. Contacts various insurance providers to determine benefit levels and patient co-pays, as needed. Collected and posts payments and prepares daily deposits for monies received.
4. Pulls and prepares patient charts prior to appointment. Files notes, prescriptions, face sheets and other documentation in medical record. Copies and releases medical record information, as needed.
5. Assists physician with patient examinations by preparing exam room, helping to move or position patients for procedures, handling instruments, etc.
6. Takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure and weight. Documents patientâ��s reason for visit and vital signs in patientâ��s chart.
7. May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving non-intravenous injections, venipuncture, performing EKGâ��s, assisting with stress tests, routine x-rays, PFTâ��s, and other related activities.
8. Obtains referrals and schedules patientâ��s appointments or procedures according to guidelines.
9. Enters, reviews, researches and corrects computerized records of patient billing information. Provides billing company with companies of all payments and rejections.
10. Performs various other support duties such as preparing laboratory slips or statistical data, typing various correspondence, training new personnel, etc.
11. Follows established policies and procedures to meet minimum like safety standards of JCAHO/OSHA. Actively participates in all safety training including but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and annual safety training.
1. Analytical ability necessary to handle patient problems, review and verify insurance information, research billing problems and compile data for statistical reports.
2. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other personnel.
3. Some mental/visual strain due to posting of payments, reviewing insurance information, etc.
4. Technical knowledge of blood pressure techniques.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing ...OR...
3. Completion of one of the following:
A. PCA/PCT Program
B. Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
C. Medical Assistant Program, or six months of experience in a doctorâ��s office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties.
E. Phlebotomy training program. Six months direct patient care experience, preferred.
4. One year of previous experience performing Medical Assistant or Patient Care Associate duties.
5. One year of previous experience performing medical office clerical (e.g. insurance verification, authorizations, medical billing, EMR usage) duties in a doctorâ��s office or related area.
6. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.