JOB SUMMARY: Provides operational leadership and support to the department. Acts as the trusted expert within the team to participate in continuous improvement initiatives. At times, offers direct customer service liaison and support to patients and families. At times, supports the team by managing patient visits in a way that actively supports key relationships between executives and other Relationship Managers and the patient/family by facilitating scheduling of medical and administrative services, serving as host and personal guide to patients and families, and independently leading the team's efforts in finding solutions for problems or special needs that may arise.
Serves as operational patient and Family Liaison team lead in day-to-day business support functions, reporting, and support. Facilitates as initial point of contact for elevated patient service recovery opportunities. At times assists the team with the scheduling of medical and administrative services by identifying the appropriate provider and the most effective method for accessing the services promptly.
Lead creator of protocols for ongoing use for Patient and Family Liaison use.
Partners with Executives and other Relationship Managers who refer patients to ensure that patient visits actively supports their relationship with the patient/family
Proactively provides updates that are appropriate in frequency and detail within the framework of privacy/HIPAA safeguards and are tailored to the need for information and the specific patient situation.
Serves as host to patients and families during medical visits.
Updates, reviews and maintains the Client/Patient database content to ensure accuracy and effective coordination, to management, marketing and executive reports.
Serves as the Patient and Family Liaison team lead for departmental process improvement opportunities identification and consideration, team bandwidth, data entry accuracy, consistency, and patient experience outcomes.
DOCUMENTATION & WRITING SKILLS - (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in applying patient relations documentation in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results. Consistently delivers documentation services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others. Actively participates in outside professional organizations and forums. Contributes in the development of documentation best practices for the organization.
LISTENING (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates excellence in listening and often requested by others to summarize and interpret what transpired at meetings and during conversations. Demonstrates reflective listening by using phrases such as Do I hear you saying....?? or It sounds like.... Perseveres until all key points are explained. Always gives speakers the feeling of comfort and interest, focusing intently on the subject. Formulates responses and draws conclusions only after speakers are finished.
CUSTOMER CONFLICT MANAGEMENT - (INTERMEDIATE):- Assertively and willingly manages the resolution of conflicts, issues and differences of opinions. Adapts management style according to needs of projects and people. Creates an enthusiastic and positive work climate. Deals firmly but constructively with problem people. Promotes new solutions, ideas and recommendations by fostering a positive and productive climate. Willingly buys into problems that require additional help.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
To improve the patient experience by providing health care providers; patients and their families; and others with information, education, networking opportunities, and related resources focused on best practices.