Independence Physician Management (IPM), is a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc (UHS). IPM was formed in 2012 as the physician services unit of UHS. IPM develops and manages multi-specialty physician networks and urgent care clinics which align with UHS acute care facilities. It also provides select services for the Behavioral Health division of UHS. Through continuing growth, IPM operates in 11 markets across six states and the District of Columbia. Our leadership team, practitioners, and teams of healthcare professionals are collectively dedicated to improving the health and wellness of people in the communities we serve.
Provides leadership, direction and ongoing administration and management within a designated market for all operational aspects of IPM’s physician practices. Ensures policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs. Direct supervision of Practice Managers and / or Practice Administrators. Has overall responsibility for all aspects of the care centers, financial and operational performance and is accountable to communicate and implement corporate strategic initiatives to meet the program goals and objectives. Demonstrates service excellence and conveys professionalism at all times with strong motivation to achieve optimum results.
- Plans, directs and supervise the medical group operations.
- Actively works with the Practice Managers and Practice Administrators to review the marketing plan and pursue ways to increase practice volumes
- Coordinates regulatory reimbursement and managed care issues.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to strategically align with the corporate directive; reviews periodically to assure compliance.
- Directs technology related activities to achieve desired goals and maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Maintains good public relations with the community
- Assist in the recruitment of physicians to develop/grow markets with physician practices
- Monitors performance indicators to ensure practice objectives/goals are met
- Develop budgetary goals and initiates corrective action to address unfavorable budget variances.
- Forecasts and anticipates staffing needs; promotes good employee relations practices; holds staffing at a functional minimum
- Assist in the recruitment, selections, development and evaluation of practice management staff.
- Manage board relations within the Physician Practices
- Reviews Monthly physician P&L with Practice Manager(s) to assure practice is strategically aligned with strategic initiative.
- Three to five years of physician practice management or health care management experience is required. Experience in managing multiple physician locations across a geographic area with at least 20-30 physicians is required.
- Strong understanding in the financial management, and business and clinical operations of a medical group practice
- Knowledge of fiscal management techniques, revenue cycle management and third party reimbursement
- Knowledge of health care administration systems
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications
- Skill in planning, organizing and supervising
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data and prepare comprehensive reports
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Skill in human resources management, organization and team building.
- Travel within market is required (20% - 30%)
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
and much more!
Independence Physician Management is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPM via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Independence Physician Management. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
About Universal Health Services
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $12.6 billion in 2021. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America’s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 89,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852- 3449.