Location: Kingston, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley-Kingston, NY
Excellent opportunities for full-time physician assistants and acute care certified nurse practitioner in the ICU at Health Alliance Hudson Valley, part of the WMCHealth Network.
- Performs detailed and accurate history
- Performs appropriate physical examination
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests based on history, exam, signs, and symptoms
- Recognizes abnormalities in test results (lab, radiology, EKG) and other appropriate treatment with physician consultation
- Patient instructions and counseling is appropriate
- Initiates and facilitates referral/transfer of patients with physician consultation for subsequent medical care
- Provides appropriate documentation in medical record of history, physical, diagnosis, record of treatment, condition on discharge, patient instructions, and follow-up
- Appropriate management of medical issues
- Appropriate management of surgical issues
- Appropriate management of trauma issues
- Acts rapidly, effectively and manages self, patients and other employees during emergency situations
- Performs phlebotomies/IV access as needed
- Shows proficiency in intubation
- Participates in the Quality Improvement program as requested by the Medical Director
- Graduate of an accredited program for Nurse Practitioners with current licensure in the State of New York.
- Acute Care certified Nurse Practitioner
- Ideal candidates will have at least two (2) years of ICU experiencehowever, motivated new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- BLS, ACLS and ATLS
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary's Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County's largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves. For more information, visit hahv.org
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
For more information, contact Andrea Ruggiero, Advanced Clinical Recruiter at (914) 493-2176 or by email at Andrea.Ruggiero@WMCHealth.orgWestchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC