Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Behavioral Health Hospital, a joint venture between Lifepoint Health and Baystate Health, is seeking a full time experienced, compassionate and goal-oriented Human Resource Director to assist in providing, planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care for our freestanding 150-bed facility. Located at 45 Lower Westfield Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, Baystate Behavioral Health Hospital offers a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation and professional development opportunities so you can focus on what really matters - providing quality patient care. Do not miss the opportunity to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
The HR Director provides oversight and consultation in the areas of employee relations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention, compensation, and new hire procedures. Consults with and updates AVP of Human Resources regarding all Human Resources functions and activities. Facilitates/coordinates implementation and monitors new and/or enhanced HR programs, policies and procedures. Promotes proactive, positive employee relations practices and environments in all areas and understands and appropriately balances the roles of being both an employee and company advocate. Serves as key member of LifePoint Health Human Resources team, providing valuable input and feedback regarding HR initiatives. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as applicable regulations and standards.
- Baystate Behavioral Health Hospital is a new, 150 bed hospital, which will open in August 2023.
- We will provide comprehensive care for children and adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in need of intensive mental health services.
- Develops and administers various HR policies, plans and procedures for all hospital personnel.
- Identifies staffing needs for the hospital, including future business plan objectives.
- Develops a recruiting plan to recruit and staff open positions.
- Conducts interviews, employment verifications and background checks to determine qualifications of all applicant. Extends offers to hire to qualified candidates.
- Conducts staff exit interviews to determine trends and develop appropriate retention initiatives.
- Consults managers on disciplinary and policy issues to ensure the fairness and consistency of all personnel actions. Conducts management training in identified HR areas of development.
- Ensures that employees receive the necessary competencies including compliance and safety training to perform their job responsibilities, as required by the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement.
- Adheres to and promotes Equal Employment Opportunity and the facility's Affirmative Action Plan. Serves as the facility's Equal Employment Coordinator for Affirmative Action.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, strongly preferred. Professional level experience and/or HRCI, SHRM or other certifications may be substituted for the education requirement.
Licenses/Certification: Professional designation in Human Resources, preferred (i.e. HRCI / SHRM)
Experience: Position requires a high level of proficiency in HR policies and practices including experience working with unions. Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible work experience in Human Resources at a Business Partner level or higher. Experience with startup hospitals preferred.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Recruitment Strategy Professional