Location: New York, New York
Admin / Clerical
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you passionate about our mission and supporting our leaders? We want you to join us!
The Department of Pathology consists of disease-specific pathologists, molecular diagnosticians, and researchers with expertise in a range of solid tumor types as well as hematopathology. Our pathologists collaborate with other specialists to customize each patient's treatment based on his individual patient diagnosis. Molecular Pathology and precision medicine are increasingly vital components of the work we do.
The Department of Pathology is seeking a Pathology Office Coordinator who will provide clinical and administrative support of clinical and molecular ordering activity for the Molecular Diagnostic Services (Molecular Pathology, Molecular Genetics and Cytogenetics).
- Dedicated to providing outstanding service, producing quality work products, and maintaining an atmosphere of partnership and continuous improvement
- Able to work effectively in an energizing environment, handle multiple tasks, and respond to changing priorities
- Capable of performing clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy and setting priorities to see projects through completion
- An independent worker who is also a collaborative team member
- Passionate about cancer research and patient care
- Responsible for entering and obtaining supporting documents and materials from internal and outside physicians' offices and laboratories.
- Compiles data via spreadsheets, databases and project specific data forums relevant to these studies and the clinical care of patients.
- Obtains materials from MSKCC onsite and offsite specimen archives.
- Works collaboratively with others to ensure timely completion of departmental projects and goals.
- Provides support for pathology and molecular workflow operations.
- Provides assistance with molecular testing requests and pulling of pathology material from the file library.
- Reviews molecular test requests with pathologists and fellows.
- Abstract data relevant to specific test requests under evaluation by the pathologist
- Proofread all documents prior to submission and assure correct pathology accession numbers and tests are accurate
- Uses appropriate reference manuals to verify accuracy (medical dictionary)
- Provide administrative support as needed for pathologists, supervisors and managers
- At least 6 months of Accessioning or Lab experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel required
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm - Onsite
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.