Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise/Twin Falls, ID is seeking a Patient Relations Specialist to join our Risk Management team.
Unit/Position SummaryUnder general supervision, the Patient Relations Specialist will facilitate, review and resolution of patient grievances in a systematic, timely and effective manner.
- Facilitates timely and appropriate grievance reviews. Refers complex grievances to higher level.
- Follows current organizational policies/procedures and state/federal regulations with respect to the investigation and resolution of patient grievances. Performs process analysis and improvement functions as needed.
- Collaborates with Risk Management as needed to investigate and respond to clinical care grievances.
- Maintains appropriate documentation related to patient grievances and performs basic data analysis.
- Assists with coordination of financial transactions, e.g., account holds, adjustment request referrals, reimbursements, payments to other providers as appropriate and in consultation with Risk Management.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with the organization's Medical Staff, Clinical and Non-Clinical Leadership, Staff and Contracted Services as well as patients and patient representatives.
- Provides assistance and consultation to internal stakeholders including the organizations Medical Staff, Clinical and Non-Clinical Leadership, Staff and Contracted Services in resolving difficult situations. Works collaboratively with Risk Management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or 4 years of experience.
- Experience: 1 year of experience in a customer service and/or dispute resolution role.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.