Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Admin / Clerical
Nemours is seeking a Medical Secretary III for our Developmental medicine division.
- Perform administrative and patient coordination duties.
- Provide services which will maintain general office functioning.
- Perform secretarial duties for general staff.
- Maintain schedule of appointments and perform other administrative and patient care coordination duties for assigned staff.
- Facilitate daily activities and administrative and clinical workload as assigned.
- Accept, triage and refer telephone calls according to department processes.
- Schedule patient appointments and patient care activities as needed.
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities related to division operations. Address or refer problems and ideas appropriately.
- Verify insurance benefits and obtain authorizations for patient services as needed.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date patient and other office information.
- Compose, type, edit and distribute correspondence, minutes and other documents, as assigned.
- Initiate and coordinate external supports needed for the departments (facilities, IT and others)
- Coordinate travel arrangements/itineraries and conference registrations as assigned.
- Process check/travel requests, dues, licensures and subscriptions, as assigned.
- Implement appropriate guidelines, procedures and systems throughout the division.
- Maintain individual/divisional/departmental reports and spread sheets and distribute as directed.
- Maintain orderly appearance of office and par levels for office supplies.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Participate in division and hospital programs of Quality Assessment and Improvement; work with division members to improve provision of services; maintain comprehensive, accurate divisional Morbidity and Mortality reports.
- Provide secretarial coverage for other individuals and/or divisions when necessary.
- Type, edit and revise presentations, journal articles, abstracts, research proposals and protocols, as well as correspondence from dictation or hard copy for division physicians.
- Participate in other department activities as assigned.
High School Diploma required
Associate's degree preferred
At least 3 years of experience in support role required.
Excellent computer, power point and excel skills
Excellent customer service, time management and organizational skills.