Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is accountable to manage the daily operations in the Department of Pathology in order to ensure that timely, quality diagnostic test procedures are produced as efficiently and effectively as possible. The Operations Manager will assist the Administrative Director and other Laboratory Managers in managing the overall operations of the Pathology Department, as well as provide support to the Department Supervisors and Coordinators.
The Operation Manager serves as professional role model, leader, and mentor to members of the healthcare team. This position must demonstrate a commitment to quality service for our patients, the public, and our co-workers. Be able to make complex decisions independently.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the Administrative Director, Department Managers, Supervisors, and Coordinators to manage the overall daily operations of the Department of Pathology, ensuring efficiency and accuracy in providing patient care.
- Performs leadership/managerial functions in support of departmental and organization goals.
- Facilitates coordination, communication, and collaboration among the Department Managers, Supervisors, and Coordinators.
- Has detailed knowledge and skills to utilize measurable outcomes and beanchmarks to ensure operational efficiency, service quality/accuracy, reporting timeliness, and cost effective resource utilization.
- Assists Supervisors with human resource management, recruitment/retention efforts, and performance evaluation of all technical, phlebotomy, and support staff. Evaluates and resolves such issues in a timely manner. Serves as a role model for corporate values and Code of Conduct.
- Consults with the Department Managers and/or Supervisors on any instrument, methodology, quality control, or proficiency testing performance issues and concerns. Assists with the resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Assists the Administrative Director, Managers, or Supervisors with the coordination and implementation of new services and programs; evaluates and resolves any quality performance issues efficiently and effectively.
- Delegates authority as appropriate, sets clear expectations and holds responsible parties accountable. Serves as a role model; empowers Associates to make decisions relevant to their daily work responsibilities.
- Under the direction of the Administrative Director, evaluates issues from a systems perspective, and works with all necessary parties toward developing a resolution.
- Coordinates and manages resolution of customer service and quality issues under the direction of the Administrative Director.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the Department and works closely with the Administrative Director to ensure compliance; assists with preparation for all accreditation inspections on an on-going basis.
- Assists Administrative Director in the development and implementation of departmental procedures and standards.
- Under the direction of the Administrative Director, participates in strategic planning and business development.
- Assists the Administrative Director in developing and implementing an operational budget and strategic goals, which optimizes cost effectiveness and service quality.
- Maintains professional competency and educational growth.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor of Science with a degree in Medical Technology.
- ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist required.
- Minimum 8 years Medical Technology experience required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in laboratory management or in a position that has demonstrated increasing responsibilities in project or team management.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.