Location: Valhalla, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
We are expanding our inpatient oncology hospitalist APP team! WMCHealth Network is seeking Physician Assistant(s) to provide nocturnal and overnight coverage for a newly forming Oncology Hospitalist Advanced Practice team at our flagship hospital in Valhalla in both the Departments' of Oncology and Medicine; the primary focus of this team will be to manage both our Bone Marrow Transplant population and inpatients with Hematologic Malignancies. This team of APPs will provide a broad range services primarily for our adult oncology inpatient services, BMT and medical oncology consult services, as well as, provide secondary cross coverage to our primary house-staff solid tumor inpatient team. The nocturnal oncology hospitalist APP coverage team will be the primary coverage team 7 days a week for both Department of Medicine and Oncology for our BMT patients. Under the leadership of both the hospitalist and oncology attending teams, the advanced practice practitioners will manage the day-to-say care for many of our medical oncology transplant and inpatient oncology units.
- Provide both autonomous level and team-based patient care
- Perform bone marrow aspirations, lumbar punctures, central line removals, insertion of feeding tubes
- Perform comprehensive physical and neurological exams on both acute and chronically ill patients
- Diagnosing, treating, ordering and interpreting laboratory/radiologic tests
- Works well within a multidisciplinary team of attending physicians, residents, APPs, nursing staff to ensure optimum quality of patient care
- Will act as a clinical liaison between the Oncology and Hospitalist Team and patients/families and consulting departments
- Assists with discharge planning and follow up care plans
- Serves on departmental and multidisciplinary committees, which influence or determine policies affecting medical practice
- Will be given opportunities to perform procedures such a bone marrow aspiration, lumbar punctures, line removals and feeding tube placements
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidates must be currently board certified as a Physician Assistant and possess or be able to obtain a license in New York. Current NCCPA Board Certification. ONS training preferred. ACLS, DEA, and NPI required.
- Oncology, Hospitalist, Critical Care experience desired, but not required.
- Willing to train new graduate PAs who have a genuine interest in oncology and hospital medicine.
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate ability to work in a multidisciplinary team at a teaching hospital.
Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k. The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement Academic rank at the New York Medical College will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC