Location: United States,
Trauma Acute Care Surgery
Inova Loudoun Hospital
The Trauma Acute Care Surgery Service at Inova Loudoun Hospital (ILH) is seeking a fully trained Acute Care Surgeon with expertise in Trauma, Surgical Critical Care, and General Surgery to join our Trauma Acute Care Surgery group of 10 full-time, hospital-based surgeons in an academic practice.
In 2019, the Trauma Acute Care Surgery team treated and/or evaluated approximately 2,200 trauma patients and 2,200 emergency general surgery patients. Our practice includes:
- A busy clinical trauma practice of predominantly blunt etiology with in-house attending coverage
- A Surgical Critical Care Service providing around the clock in-house coverage for an 18-bed ICU
- A busy Emergency General Surgery practice
- Elective general surgery practice
- Active teaching responsibilities through our general surgery residency program and affiliation with medical schools
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- Advanced Practice Provider support for the teams
- A mature clinical research program
- Participation in community outreach, education and injury prevention
Inova Healthcare System is a not-for-profit hospital System. IFMC is a nationally recognized 900 plus-bed regional medical center serving the Washington, D.C. metro area. In addition to being Northern Virginia's only Level 1 trauma center, the hospital has over 100,000 Emergency Department visits per year. The General Surgery department incorporates both hospital-based and community partners for patient care, resident and medical student education and research. IFMC also has residency programs for neurosurgery, medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics, and podiatry. IFMC has a Women's and Children's dedicated hospital with a level IV NICU, robust obstetric services, and skilled gynecology-oncology practice, along with extensive cardiac care, vascular surgery capabilities, and transplant services. IFMC is a teaching facility and partners with University of Virginia medical school for medical student training and academic appointments. Inova Fairfax Hospital is part of the not-for-profit Inova Health System.
This position includes responsibilities in trauma, surgical critical care and general surgery. A strong commitment to research and education is expected. Involvement in our free-standing surgical residency program is an integral part of this opportunity. Applicants will be eligible for academic appointments. Applicants should have completed an accredited residency training program in General Surgery and be board certified or eligible. Applicants should have also completed a Surgical Critical Care fellowship and be board certified or eligible.