Pharmacist Per Diem
Facility Address: 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL 32778
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources and Mental Health Resources and Support
- On-site Child Care Center
- No State Income Tax
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Low cost of living combined with a high quality of life situated in an area in Central Florida surrounded by pristine lakes and lush expanses of nature.
- A-rated hospital for patient safety by the Leapfrog Group
- Named an Orthopedic Center of Excellence by The Joint Commission
The role you’ll contribute:
The Clinical Staff Pharmacist supports the mission of the department, hospital, and health-system by preventing, identifying and resolving drug related problems to assure patients safety, improve patients’ satisfaction, optimize patients’ outcome and minimize cost. Works in the main Pharmacy, as well as in patient care areas. Will perform all functions of a registered pharmacist including accurate and timely dispensing, clinical interaction with the healthcare team, patients’ involvement, and technician supervision.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Verifies all medications for correctness and appropriate to patient's age before they are distributed to patient care areas.
- Dispenses medications for the correct patient in the correct dose, dosage form, and amount at the right time.
- Reviews physician orders to assure accuracy and appropriateness, and intervenes with prescriber and documents interventions as required.
- Performs renal dosing adjustments, IV to PO conversions, therapeutic interchanges and other medical staff-authorized policies and procedures.
- Consistently documents interventions performed on a patient's behalf.
- Provides consultative services to patients and professional staff to assure safe, effective and cost-effective use of medications.
- Supervises the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns.