Location: Akron, Ohio
Academic / Research
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm
Onsite, 2 days/week
Promotes a professional practice image by the efficient performance of a variety of procedures under the direct supervision of the administrative and professional staff. Assists the vision center by supervising special testing and research activities through, developing protocols, collecting data, administering and teaching special testing ordered by the clinical professional staff, as well supervising special testing and clinical research patient flow and communications. Works collaboratively within an interdisciplinary health care team. Other duties as assigned by department management.
- Provides coordination for the daily operations special testing services and research protocols
- Acts as a patient relations representative by answering patient inquires
- Assists with development of protocols, collects data, administers and teaches special testing ordered by the clinical professional staff
- Supervises special testing and clinical research patient flow and communications
- Assists physicians in performance of various procedures
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in a medical setting is preferred but not necessary
- Experience in pediatrics is preferred but not necessary
Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred. Enrollment in or completion of an approved science based Masters, Doctoral program or OphthalmicTechnician related program
- Certification: Joint Commission on Allied Personnel in Ophthalmology preferred but not necessary at entry level.
- Years of relevant experience: Six months of work or educational experience in a medical setting preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: