Location: Stony Point, New York
Admin / Clerical
The Senior Patient Service Representative provides on-site lead for daily operations for the Medical Secretary. Serves as a liaison between Practitioners and Patients.
- Serves as a liaison between Practitioners and Patients to coordinate successful delivery of care and services.
- Works with patients to get them checked in.
- Handling all questions that they have regarding the office and procedures.
- Reviews correspondence, memoranda, and routine reports and communicates with the Office Manager with issues and concerns.
- Answers all patient and hospital phone messages and communicates them with physicians.
- Processes incoming medical records and gets them into the electronic medical record.
- Answers phones make appointments, direct calls appropriately.
- Understands and helps assure compliance for HIPAA.
- Oversees the daily schedule for the physician and does orders for bloodwork for physicals.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving and critical thinking techniques to areas of concern to patients and employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5 years of prior related experience. Work requires knowledge of physician office policies, procedures, medical insurances and equipment. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills required Heavy front desk and or customer service experience a must.
High School diploma or GED required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.