Location: Newark, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
ChristianaCare is currently seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our innovative post-graduate training program in Hospital Medicine. The Hospitalist APC Fellowship is a 9-month fellowship designed for those interested in starting their career in hospital medicine. This fellowship will allow for the new APC to gain valuable, supported experience as an inpatient internal medicine provider by clinically working in the various hospitalist roles including rounding, admission, and cross coverage shifts. Didactic curriculum, various specialty rotations, and simulation training in our Virtual Education Simulation Center will also support the novice provider in transitioning to become an independent, confident hospitalist APC.
Hospitalist APC Fellows are considered full-time employees of ChristianaCare with benefits. The expectation is that fellows who meet performance objectives and demonstrate CCHS values will apply for permanent employment as a Hospitalist APC with ChristianaCare after completing the program at a rate commensurate with +1 year of clinical experience.
This program allows for a supported transition into the role of Hospitalist APC, and we hope that you will considering continuing your career at ChristianaCare.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the Hospitalist APC Fellowship Program education curriculum
- Complete self-learning modules and review supplemental material on didactic hospital medicine topics
- Complete post-rotation evaluations to assess competency and provide feedback for the trainee and program
- Participate in professional development by identifying learning needs, keeping accurate log of all necessary procedures and maintaining competencies, and attending educational offerings
- Will utilize assessment skills learned to support the management of assigned patients
- Perform and document daily assessments
- Collect and analyze data and formulate a family-centered plan of care
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of a prescribed management plan
- Work collaboratively to communicate the plan of care and potential changes to the supervising hospitalist and assigned Hospitalist Advanced Practice Clinician.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by being aware of safe practices and changing practices to enhance safety. Demonstrates shared accountability for a safe practice.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Licensure or license eligible for Delaware Registered Nurse and Acute Care Advanced Practice Registered Nurse as set forth by the Delaware Board of Nursing
- License or license eligible as a Physician Assistant in the state of Delaware
- Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program and have NCCPA Certification
- Certified in ACLS is required upon start date
To apply for this program, you will need to complete the online application, submit a resume, and cover letter. If you meet the minimum requirements, please have 2 reference letters on hand to be ready to be sent.