All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: As needed
The community you’ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth Winter Garden has delivered care to the West Orange County since 2015 and will be expanding to add a 3-floor, 80-bed inpatient tower opening summer 2022, becoming a full-service hospital to serve the community of Winter Garden.
- The AdventHealth Winter Garden tower expansion will include new ancillary and clinical spaces such as an expanded Surgery department, Inpatient Rehab, Inpatient Dialysis, Laboratory, and Imaging services.
- Working at AdventHealth Winter Garden, you’ll be surrounded with a team dedicated to bringing exceptional mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of a growing West Orange County.
- AdventHealth Winter Garden is conveniently located in the Winter Garden Village, minutes from beautiful downtown Winter Garden and nearby Walt Disney World and premier attractions of Orlando.
- AdventHealth Winter Garden offers competitive benefits that support your growth professionally and personally offering debt-free education and competitive benefits from day one.
The role you’ll contribute:
Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Advanced responsibilities include patient care interactions allowed according to State Pharmacy Intern licensure under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Develops and maintains the skills necessary to be functional as a pharmacy technician. Maintains proficiency in operational programs, dispensing and compounding activities, hospital computer systems and medication systems, and established standard work parameters. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist review/check, delivers checked medications to nursing units in a timely manner, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Follows correct procedure for filling, recording and distributing pharmacy kits/carts/trays and interdepartmental product transfer requests.
- Works effectively with all members of the healthcare team to ensure the best outcome for the patient. Prioritizes activities to ensure the delivery of accurate, safe, timely, and appropriate medication availability based on patient needs. Uses effective negotiation skills to resolve conflicts. Assures continuity of pharmaceutical care between shifts and among staff.
- Assists pharmacists with patient care activities and regulatory compliance tasks including, but not limited to, sterile compounding, controlled substance handling, medication order review, clinical consult review, medication distribution and patient education. Supports medication-use process improvements and carries out special projects or assignments as directed.
- Facilitates medication safety practices and continuous quality improvement. Identifies, mitigates, and reports potential and actual medication errors. Handles, processes, and appropriately disposes of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Appropriately uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hazardous Medication Spill Kits in the event of a spill.
- Promotes cost-effective drug therapy and actively participates in stewardship and medication waste prevention programs.
- Participates in departmental meetings and departmental educational activities. Supports practice advancement initiatives, clinical projects, and stewardship initiatives led by colleagues and peers.
- Performs other duties as assigned